Fethiye Turkey Travel Guide 2023
Where is Fethiye?
Nestled along the turquoise coast of Mugla Turkey, Fethiye is a destination that captivates travelers with its stunning beaches, rich history, and vibrant local culture. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, a history buff, or a beach lover, this charming town offers something for everyone.
In this comprehensive Fethiye travel guide, we’ll explore the must-see attractions, hidden gems, and unforgettable experiences that make this coastal paradise a dream destination. Let’s dive in!
How Many Days in Fethiye?
3-4 days are enough for discovering Fethiye. I stayed for 3 days and it was wonderful! let’s read my experience in there and then, we will talk about what to do list.
The First day in Fethiye
Upon my arrival in Fethiye, I checked into my charming accommodation, the Ideal Pension, which offered both comfort and affordability. After settling in, I ventured out to explore the bustling Fish Market (Balık Pazarı). I was delighted to find an array of fresh seafood on display, and couldn’t resist selecting a platter of prawns and sea bass, which was then expertly cooked at a nearby restaurant. With a satisfied stomach, I strolled along the vibrant Fethiye harbor, taking in the lively atmosphere and admiring the colorful boats bobbing in the water.
As the sun began to set, I made my way to Çalış Beach, renowned for its spectacular sunsets. I found a cozy spot on the sandy shore and watched in awe as the sky turned shades of pink, orange, and purple. To cap off the night, I immersed myself in the local nightlife scene, visiting the popular Deep Blue Bar, where I enjoyed refreshing cocktails and danced to live music.
Eager to experience the natural beauty of Fethiye, I started my second day with a hike along the Lycian Way. As I trekked through the coastal path, I marveled at the lush pine forests and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean. My hike led me to the secluded Kabak Beach, where I spent the afternoon swimming in the crystal-clear waters and relaxing in the sun.
In the evening, I treated myself to a delightful dinner at Mozaik Bahçe, sampling a variety of authentic Turkish and Mediterranean dishes, including a delicious meze platter and succulent kebabs. After dinner, I wandered through the lively streets of Fethiye, browsing local shops and picking up a few souvenirs to remember my trip.
The last day in Fethiye
On my final day in Fethiye, I decided to indulge in one of the area’s most popular activities: paragliding. After a safety briefing, I found myself soaring above the stunning Ölüdeniz Blue Lagoon, accompanied by an experienced instructor. The views from above were truly breathtaking, and I relished the adrenaline rush as we gracefully descended towards the beach.
Back on solid ground, I spent the remainder of my afternoon exploring the ancient ruins of Tlos. while I was wandering through the well-preserved structures, I felt a deep connection to the region’s rich history and the Lycian civilization that once thrived there.
As the sun dipped below the horizon, I returned to Fethiye and enjoyed a final meal at Yengeç Restaurant, savoring the flavors of fresh seafood while gazing out at the serene marina. Reflecting on my three-day adventure in Fethiye, I felt incredibly grateful for the unforgettable experiences and memories that I would cherish for years to come.
What to Do in Fethiye?
Unwind on Fethiye’s Best Beaches
- Ölüdeniz Blue Lagoon
- Crystal-clear waters, golden sands, and a picturesque lagoon
- Perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports
- Enjoy a beachside meal at one of the local cafes
- Çalış Beach
- A popular beach with a lively atmosphere
- Ideal for families and watersports enthusiasts
- Witness stunning sunsets and indulge in the bustling nightlife
- Kabak Beach
- A hidden gem nestled in a secluded cove
- Perfect for a quiet, relaxing escape
- Reachable via a scenic hike or boat trip
Embark on Exciting Fethiye Boat Trips
- 12 Islands Tour
- Explore the stunning islands and bays around Fethiye
- Swim, snorkel, or sunbathe in pristine waters
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch onboard
- Butterfly Valley
- Sail to this breathtaking valley, home to diverse flora and fauna
- Relax on the secluded beach or hike to the waterfall
- Keep an eye out for the rare Tiger Butterfly
III. Step Back in Time: Fethiye’s Historical Sites
- Lycian Rock Tombs
- Marvel at the ancient tombs carved into the cliffside
- Visit the impressive Tomb of Amyntas for a panoramic view of Fethiye
- Explore the ruins of an ancient Lycian city
- Discover the history of the region through its well-preserved structures
- Wander through the abandoned village, once home to a thriving Greek community
- Immerse yourself in the eerie atmosphere and learn about the town’s tragic history
Savor the Flavors: Fethiye Restaurants and Cuisine
- Fish Market (Balık Pazarı)
- Indulge in freshly caught seafood at this bustling market
- Choose your fish and have it cooked to perfection at a nearby restaurant
- Mozaik Bahçe
- Sample authentic Turkish and Mediterranean dishes in a cozy garden setting
- Try their signature meze platter and succulent kebabs
- Yengeç Restaurant
- Enjoy delicious seafood with a stunning view of the marina
- Don’t miss their grilled octopus and flavorful sea bass
Experience Fethiye’s Vibrant Nightlife
- Deep Blue Bar
- A popular spot for live music and refreshing cocktails
- Located in the heart of Fethiye’s bar street
- Car Cemetery
- An eclectic bar with a unique atmosphere
- Sip on a cold beer while admiring the quirky décor
- Club Şato
- Dance the night away at this lively club
- Offers a mix of Turkish and international music
Soar Through the Skies: Paragliding in Fethiye
- Experience the thrill of tandem paragliding from the heights of Babadağ Mountain
- Take in breathtaking views of Ölüdeniz and the surrounding landscape
- Professional instructors ensure a safe and unforgettable flight
Explore the Lycian Way
- Embark on a hike along the ancient Lycian Way, a 540 km-long trail that stretches from Fethiye to Antalya
- Discover hidden coves, ancient ruins, and picturesque villages
- Experience the region’s diverse landscape, from coastal paths to forested mountains
- For more of Lycian way
Discover Fethiye’s Hidden Gems
- Saklıkent Gorge
- Explore one of the deepest and narrowest gorges in the world
- Wade through refreshing streams and marvel at the towering cliffs
- Gemiler Island
- Uncover the remains of a Byzantine settlement on this enchanting island
- Enjoy a peaceful day trip away from the crowds
Find the Perfect Fethiye Accommodation
- Budget travelers: Ideal Pension
- Affordable and comfortable rooms in the heart of Fethiye
- Relax in the lush garden or mingle with fellow travelers
- Couples: Alesta Yacht Hotel
- A luxurious boutique hotel with a prime marina location
- Indulge in the rooftop pool and elegant spa facilities
- Families: Ece Saray Marina Resort
- Spacious family rooms and a range of on-site activities
- A short walk from Fethiye’s top attractions
From its sun-kissed beaches to its awe-inspiring historical sites, Fethiye is a destination that promises an unforgettable adventure. Use this Fethiye travel guide to plan your dream vacation and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Are you ready to embark on your Fethiye adventure? Share your favorite Fethiye experiences in the comments below, and don’t forget to share this guide with your fellow travelers. Happy exploring!
Frequently Asked Questions about Fethiye
When is the best time to visit Fethiye Turkey?
The best time to visit Fethiye, Turkey, is during the spring (April to June) and autumn (September to November) months when the weather is pleasant and less crowded.
How hot is Fethiye in October?
Fethiye’s temperature in October averages around 20-24°C (68-75°F).
Fethiye is hotter than Antalya?
Fethiye and Antalya have similar climates, but Antalya tends to be slightly hotter due to its more southern location.
Is fethiye Turkey safe?
Fethiye is generally considered safe for tourists. Giving attention to your belongings as carefully as you do in your hometown will be enough.
How to get around in Fethiye Oludeniz Turkey?
To get around in Fethiye and Ölüdeniz, you can use local minibusses (dolmuş), taxis, car rentals, or even bicycles for shorter distances. I recommend renting a car at the airport for your holiday. During hot summer, Using minibuses won’t be a wise choice.
How to get to Fethiye from Dalaman Airport?
To get from Dalaman Airport to Fethiye, you have several options:
- Shuttle Bus: Havas and Muttaş are two airport shuttle services that operate between Dalaman Airport and Fethiye. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or online.
- Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7. The journey to Fethiye takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on traffic. Be prepared to negotiate the fare or ensure the taxi is metered.
- Private Transfer: For a more comfortable and hassle-free journey, you can book a private transfer in advance. Many companies offer this service, and you can find them online. The driver will meet you at the airport and take you directly to your destination in Fethiye.
- Car Rental: If you prefer to drive yourself, several car rental companies operate at Dalaman Airport. You can book a car in advance or upon arrival. The drive to Fethiye takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Here is the google maps link of the route.
How to get to Fethiye from Antalya?
To get from Antalya to Fethiye, you have a few options:
- Bus: There are several bus companies operating between Antalya and Fethiye, such as Pamukkale Turizm, Kamil Koç, and Metro Turizm. The journey takes approximately 3 to 4 hours, depending on traffic and the route. You can buy tickets at the bus station or online.
- Car Rental: Renting a car is a convenient option if you want flexibility and the ability to explore at your own pace. Several car rental companies are available in Antalya. The drive to the destination takes about 3 hours via the D400 highway, covering a distance of around 200 km (124 miles). Here is the google maps link of the route.
- Private Transfer: You can book a private transfer for a more comfortable and hassle-free journey. Many companies offer this service, and you can find them online. The driver will pick you up in Antalya and take you directly to your destination in Fethiye. The journey takes approximately 3 hours.
- Taxi: Taking a taxi from Antalya to Fethiye is possible, but it might be expensive due to the long distance. Make sure to negotiate the fare or ensure the taxi is metered before starting the journey.