Is Antalya worth visiting?
Antalya is the city in which the sea, sun, history and nature are in harmony. Ancient cities, the sea, sun, beach, forest, night life and other natural beauties are parts of this unity. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk once said “Undoubtedly, Antalya is the most beautiful place in the world”.
Antalya is one of the most known cities in the world and there are a lot of reasons for this. Those who love the sea, sand and sun are fall in love with this city. Those desiring to be in a get away place in nature can find dozens of options in Antalya. One of the reasons is that Antalya has one of the longest coastline in the world. The 640-kilometer coastline stretches from west to east, the Toros Mountains surrounding the city parallel to the coast.
What Does The City Offer For Visitors?
In the far west of the city, on the Teke Peninsula, there is an Ancient City called Patara. It is one of the most prominent cities of the Ancient Lycian Civilization. If you go east, you find nature in the Demre’s bays and the traces of ancient civilizations at every corner. Kas is one of the unique diving centers in the world. Kemer harbors many luxury resort hotels and the magnificent Tahtalı Mountain. Kaleiçi is the center of city. It brings together the ancient city of Attaelia, modern Antalya and the natural wonder cliffs. Attaelia is one of the most important medieval ports in the Eastern Mediterranean. It has also the traces of the Seljuks.
The Ancient City the Perge is one of the important places of St. Paul and the important port city of the Pamphylian civilization. It is a historical center with its astonishing buildings. Belek is one of the important golf centers of the world with its specially designed courses. The Belek region is also important with resort hotels, services, nature and facilities. In the north, you will reach one of the best-preserved ancient theaters in the world, the Aspendos Ancient Theater. You should visit Antalya museum also.
Manavgat is one of the districts of Muğla city. The Manavgat Waterfall joins with the river with foams flowing through the forests, the Temple of Apollo and the Ancient City of Side. The route of waterfall houses to a cultural asset that You can’t explore them in a day.
Is Antalya a tourist friendly city?
Antalya has attracted 1 million 989 thousand 154 tourist in 2022. All these people visiting Antalya can’t be wrong, can they? You must come and discover the city with its the historical city of the Mediterranean surrounded by the Toros Mountains.
How To Get To Antalya From Dalaman?
There are several ways to get from Dalaman Airport to Antalya:
Shuttle bus: There are shuttle bus services that run regularly between Dalaman Airport and Antalya. These are usually the most affordable option.
Private transfer: You can book a private transfer in advance, which will take you directly from the airport to Antalya. This is a more comfortable option, but it is also more expensive.
Rental car: You can rent a car at the airport and drive to Antalya. This will give you more flexibility and freedom, but it also requires a valid driver’s license and may come with additional costs such as fuel and insurance. If you want to go there by your car, here is the link of google maps.
Public transport: You can take a public bus from the airport to Muğla, and then take another bus to Antalya. This is a cheap option but it will take longer and might be less comfortable.
How to Get to Antalya?
You can get to Antalya, Turkey, using various modes of transportation. Here’s a list of common ways to reach Antalya:
- By Air:
- The most common way to reach Antalya from international destinations is by flying into Antalya Airport (Antalya Havalimanı – AYT). It’s well-connected to many cities worldwide.
- By Car:
- If you’re traveling within Turkey, you can drive to Antalya by car. Antalya is accessible via well-maintained highways. The journey time will depend on your starting location.
- By Bus:
- Turkey has an extensive intercity bus network. You can take a long-distance bus to Antalya from major cities like Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, or other regions in Turkey. There are also international bus services from neighboring countries.
- For Car, minivan, Airways and bus tickets:You don’t have to worry about something. We have gather all the possible ways in a list on Bookaway and the budget friendly prices will blow your mind!
- By Train:
- Although Antalya is not directly served by train, you can take a train to the nearby city of Burdur or Denizli and then continue your journey to Antalya by bus or other means.
- By Cruise Ship:
- Antalya has a cruise port, and some travelers arrive by cruise ships. This is a great way to combine a visit to Antalya with other Mediterranean destinations.
- By Hitchhiking:
- Some travelers choose to hitchhike to Antalya. While this can be an interesting and economical option, it’s essential to prioritize safety and be cautious.